January 20, 2015
ESTÉE LAUDER: Let’s Defeat Breast Cancer. We’re Stronger Together.
THE ESTÉE LAUDER COMPANIES ELEVATES THE BREAST CANCER MOVEMENT AND KICKS OFF THE 2013 BREAST CANCER AWARENESS (BCA) CAMPAIGN WITH A UNIVERSAL CALL-TO-ACTION: “LET’S DEFEAT BREAST CANCER. WE’RE STRONGER TOGETHER.”
New York, NY, October 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — The Estée Lauder Companies’ Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) Campaign is proud to announce its 2013 global Campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and beyond. The 2013 theme, “Let’s Defeat Breast Cancer. We’re Stronger Together.”, is a call-to-action that will serve to shift public focus from awareness to increased action, advancing us further towards eradicating breast cancer from our lives. To date, The BCA Campaign has raised more than $48 million to support global research, education and medical services. This year’s BCA Campaign is committed to raising $5 million to support breast cancer research, education and medical services worldwide. Action doesn’t happen alone. When we join together…We’re Stronger Together.
Over the past two decades, The Estée Lauder Companies’ BCA Campaign, launched by the late Evelyn H. Lauder, co-creator of the Pink Ribbon and founder of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF), has been a leading voice for breast cancer awareness around the world, sparking a global movement that has helped save millions of lives. In the spirit of Mrs. Lauder’s forward-thinking vision, this year’s BCA Campaign will expand focus from breast cancer awareness by encouraging people to reach even further, taking specific actions aimed at preventing and eradicating the disease. The Campaign and its supporting initiatives will galvanize the global masses to defeat breast cancer by lessening the stigma and deepening awareness across the globe, while raising significant funds for critical medical research.
BEGINNING OCTOBER 2013, THE BCA CAMPAIGN WILL:
- Raise $5 million to support breast cancer research, education and medical services globally.
- Reach millions of people worldwide with its lifesaving message to shift public focus from awareness to increased action.
- Invite people around the world to create “Circles of Strength” on www.BCAcampaign.com/strongertogether to comment, share and rally around any action — large or small — to advance us toward eradicating breast cancer from our lives.
- Bring public awareness to the importance of early detection and breast health globally through educational brochures, BCAcampaign.com as well as Facebook.com/BCAcampaign, Twitter: @BCAcampaign and Instagram: @BCAcampaign, and by distributing millions of Pink Ribbons at Estée Lauder Companies’ brand counters worldwide.
- Offer Pink Ribbon products globally through many of The Estée Lauder Companies’ sought-after beauty brands to raise awareness and funds for research.
- Illuminate global landmarks in glowing pink lights, focusing attention on the importance of defeating breast cancer. These pink lights will brighten up landmarks across the globe including the Empire State Building in New York, the Bandra-Worli Sea Link in Mumbai, the BT Tower in London, La Moneda in Santiago and The Peninsula in Hong Kong.
For More Information:
The Estée Lauder Companies’ Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) Campaign is devoted to defeating breast cancer through education and medical research. For more information, please visit our website at BCAcampaign.com and like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/BCAcampaign.
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.: